Quotes to Help you Reflect on 2019
There are less than 30 days left of 2019.
The ending of one year and the beginning of a new year is bittersweet and serves as the perfect time for reflection. Each year is distinctly different, marked by times of celebration and good memories, but also, trials and tribulations. A lot can happen and change in a year. So it is important to take time to reflect on what was learned from the previous year and apply it to the years ahead. One purpose of reflection is clarity: to look back on your past, so that the view looking forward is even clearer.
Here are 15 Quotes to Inspire you to Reflect on 2019.
“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.”
– C.S. LEWIS
“People are too quick to pass judgement and too slow to self-reflect.”
“Where you are a year from now is a reflection of the choices you choose to make right now.”
“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.”
― Thomas Paine
“Self reflection entails asking yourself questions about your values, assessing your strengths and failures, thinking about your perceptions and interactions with others, and imagining where you want to take your life in the future.”
– ROBERT L. ROSEN
“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
“It’s a beautiful thing for mind, body, and spirit to take some time daily for reflection.”
“Self-reflection is a humbling process. It’s essential to find out why you think, say and do certain things – then better yourself.”
― Sonya Teclai
“Reflection is one of the most underused yet powerful tools for success.”
– RICHARD CARLSON
“Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice.”
“Be a reflection of what you’d like to receive. If you want love, give love. If you want truth, be truthful. If you want respect, give respect. What you give out will return.”
– KRISTEN BUTLER
“Reflective thinking turns experience into insight.”
― John C. Maxwell
“You must question yourself to find yourself.”
“People who have had little self-reflection live life in a huge reality blind spot.”
– BRYANT MCGILL
“Your soul needs time for solitude and self-reflection. In order to love, lead, heal and create, you must nourish yourself first.”
– LOUISE HAY
Here are 15 thought provoking questions to help you learn more about yourself and reflect on 2019.
Self Reflection Questions:
- What are your fondest memories from 2019?
- How do you overcome adversity or deal with challenges?
- What are your 3 greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How do you spend your free time – what could be a better use of it?
- What about this year surprised you or shaped you?
- How did you move out of your comfort zone this year?
- Who has made a positive impact on your life in 2019?
- What are 3 things you would like to improve on in 2020?
- What is something you learned this year?
- How do you deal with uncertainty about the future?
- What is something you are proud of that happened this year?
- How can you better myself and make others around you better?
- What did you do this year that fulfilled you?
- What do you hope to achieve in the next year?
- What is your vision for 2020?
Taking the time to Reflect helps us to be more self-aware. The more we can learn about ourselves, the better we become. Reflection is key to self-improvement and crucial to achieving future goals. The ability to reflect on 2019, and to reflect in all aspects of life, is a skill that will propel you into becoming the person you want to be.
Reflection is one way to Finish Strong in 2019.